There are many reasons why people choose to learn martial arts. Whether they are driven by mental, physical or spiritual gains, there are some who wish to take their skills to a higher level and challenge themselves by competing.
Before deciding to compete, you must first ask yourself the following questions:
1) Am I equipped to devote a significant amount of my time to training and fight preparation?
2) Am I in peak physical condition? If not, am I willing to make the lifestyle changes required to achieve this?
3) Often times fighters need to cut weight, are you prepared to do what is needed to meet your target weight?
4) Do I have a good technical knowledge and comprehension?
5) You will be tested extensively both mentally and physically, are you ready to undergo this challenge?
If you are a student at Markham Martial Arts who has been training regularly at an intermediate to advanced level and are interested in taking your love and passion into the ring, you must first communicate to your coach your desire to compete. Your coach will determine if you are ready to train for an amateur fight, and is the only person properly equipped to guide and prepare you with the necessary training required for competition. Please speak with our Team and we will do what it takes to get you fight ready and in the ring!